Woodland Herping

sean

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Display Name
sean kerr
I went to the woods a week ago and I thought I would share what I found.

herping002.jpg

herping001.jpg

P4290009.jpg

P4290007.jpg

P4220004.jpg

P4220003.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Sean, it looks like you had a fruitful trip to the woods. Please be aware that unless you have a license to do so you are not legally allowed to catch great crested newts in the UK. I'm sure you put them back exactly where you found them but it's still illegal to disturb or capture them. Whilst I'm sure your intentions were good we don't want to encourage this activity.

newts

Hi when I went there I was with a pond warden who has a license.

Thanks Sean, it's good to know.

Sean, nice report, I love seeing field herping posts from Europe, especially ones with caudates in them!

Nice finds, you saw a slow worm as well!

I wish we had slow worms in the US. They're so FRICKING cool!

Nice bounty! Looks like you had fun.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back