Not eating

hanniebumblebee

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Display Name
hannie bee
my lil baby miso isnt eating her earth worms :( and she is rele lathargic nd not running about like normal, the water temp is the same as ever and i clean them out every other day as normal i just dont know what to do ;( some 1 help please xxxx

Hi hannie bee,

I don't think there is too much to worry about axolotls can go for a long time with no food. Of course I would keep monitoring it.

You could try some different foods

Good Luck

my lil baby miso isnt eating her earth worms :( and she is rele lathargic nd not running about like normal, the water temp is the same as ever and i clean them out every other day as normal i just dont know what to do ;( some 1 help please xxxx

yeah i agree with the previous comment, mix her food. Sometimes when stuck on the same foods they get sick of it.

Also what temperature is your tank at?

also, check your ammonia, nitrite and nitrate...

if these arnt where they should be, it could be making your axie stress out, or make her sick...

stupid people from the place i got my axie told me the temp should be between 20 and 26C which is WRONG...

the ideal temp is about 16-20C

if it goes much past 20 your axie may get stressed... and because of the stress may not eat her food...

so make sure your temp is right... :famous:

good luck i hope she gets better

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back