Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

What Am I?!

Spongiform

Reaction score
It rained alot today so we went out and scoured the back trails with flashlights. Spotted a total of 38 Salamanders out and about. Mostly redbacks but a few ravines, 2 two-lined and 2 eastern newts. One baby red eft and one adult green one. However, right as we were heading back, we found this fellow sitting under a log near a seep in the woods. Been pouring over the books and can't figure out what he is.

Found in South-Eastern Ohio. If it makes any difference, we're fairly high up in the mountains and the deep is just down stream from a spring fed pond (which feeds the seep).

Also saw a fowlers toad and some chorous frogs.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1