bloated axie

tattookaren

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
wondering if any one can help ,one of our baby axys looks like it is full of air-is there anything we can do for it or does anyone know what is wrong with him...................we've called him blister,mainly because it looks like he has a blister in his stomach.............

100_0315.jpg

What substrate, if any, do you keep him on?
What do you feed him?
Have you noticed him pooing?
All or any of these things might be a reason, without more info help will be difficult. sorry.

hey we havent got him on any substrate ,he gets fed frozen bloodworm twice a day...we separated him from the others we have this morning into a clean fresh tank but no poop yet,he was fed at 2pm its now 7.30pm..........his back legs arnt even touching the ground as his belly is too swelled......we brought up 35 others from the same batch of eggs and they are all fine ,apart from this one........any help would be great....xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Hi Tattookaren,

In the short term you could consider placing your axie in the fridge. This will slow its metabolism and should help it to pooh.

GoodLuck

Hi Tattookaren,

In the short term you could consider placing your axie in the fridge. This will slow its metabolism and should help it to pooh.

GoodLuck

Thanks for the reply. How long would we fridge him for?
It looks as though his belly is still swelling.he's still eating and is hungry......

PLEASE MORE HELP!!!

I would pop him in the fridge until you see him poo.
I would also stop feeding him until then.
If he is constipated you are just adding to the problem bt feeding.
Your axie will be quite safe in the fridge as it is closer to their preferred temperature.

he's pooped but still looks like he's full of air-any suggestions...please...xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Our axie looks the same i posted a few times. people told me they thought she swallowed a rock. i took them all out she is still supper bloated. you should check out her picture. my post is under supper fatty axie. people didn't give me much info everyones answer is always put them in a fridge or salt water. if you figure anythin out that helps please send me some info on my post. good luck.

Attachments

• P3090328-2.jpg
    P3090328-2.jpg
    50.4 KB · Views: 304
  • P3090340-2.jpg
    P3090340-2.jpg
    53.1 KB · Views: 496
i gave the wrong thread name it is under supper fat female. i hope our axies get through it. keep me posted.

one thing ive learnt from different aquariums and this site, is to make sure that if you think your axie is bloated to stop feeding it.

If it cant poop it out then you feeding it more and more food will make it even worse.

Axies can last a while without food... so try not feeding it for a couple of days, and if it dosnt go down, then fridging may be the best way.

Good luck.

Robbie :smile:

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back