R.I.P.

robbie257

Axolotl Enthusiast
Reaction score
Country
Australia
Display Name
Robbie
well as most of you would know, ive been trying SO hard to get my poor axie back to good health.

Sadly last night, i found her dead...

but as sad as it was, i guess i have to look at the positives. Now shes out of pain and any stress she may have been experiencing.

Now however, in the tank in my room, i have my other axolotl, Homer, and he... YES HE... hes sexually matured (golden axie, toes have started to go blackish)... and the bump between his back legs and tail is fairly big...anyway... hes as fit as a fiddle, and i look forward to getting him the best tank set up he could possibly have...

im going to get sand instead of the gravel i have.

im getting him a new hidey thing, the one i have is way to small...

and i may get some fake plants as well...

thanks for all your help and advice, i really appreciate it!

A few words of advice to people...

there were times when i thought about giving up, as things wernt getting any better, but i kept going, putting all my time and effort into it.

And now at least i know, i did everything in my power to help her get better, even though she died, i know i did everything i could.

NEVER GIVE UP, you never know...:eek:

Im so sorry to hear that, i know you tried your best.

Hi Robbie,

very sorry to hear about your axolotl :( You did everything you could though and I guess it was just a bit late for your axolotl :(

It is great news about your other axolotl, and hope all goes well with your tank changes :)

Sorry to hear about your loss. Sounds like your axie had the best kind of owner and the best kind of treatment.

And how terrific to hear you express your appreciation for the help you received - what a lovely attitude you have.

All the best.

Sorry to hear your loss, good luck with the other one, sounds like you are doing a grand job xx

Oh Robbie, I'm so sorry.:(

You have a wonderful positive attitude and I wish you all the best.

Any chance of a photo of your goldie? :eek: :D

My Palpy was a lovely gold and I miss him dearly...when they grin at you it's like looking at the sun :wink:

That's too bad. It really sucks losing a pet.

Sorry to hear that Robbie, I know you tried really hard. Good luck with Homer

Hi Robbie thats sad news,

As you have said at least you gave it all you could. Best of luck with Homer

I'm sorry about your axolotl. When an animal of mine dies, I tell my self not to be so sad because I tried and did as much as I could and that's all that matters. Don't be so sad.You did all you could which is better than the way some people take care of their animals. At least she had someone like you that loved and cared about her.;)

P.S. Good luck with Homer I'm sure he is in good hands.:D And I love your signature.

I'm sorry to hear that Robbie. Good luck with Homer(great name too); he's in good hands.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back