Big Ups to everyone

ianclick

Reaction score
Country
New Zealand-Maori
Display Name
click
I went in to town yesterday, to the Animates pet shop to stock up on axie food. To my most pleasant surprise, they have totally redeveloped their axolotl tank.

Last time I was there it had small ingestible size gravel substrate no plants and one small cave crowded with 13 skinny juvenile axies. Being me I had to pass comment.

Well they listened, they appointed a new person to their aquarium and they have visited this site and axolotl.org and taken heed.

Now no substrate, lots of plants both live and fake, and three separate caves, 10 juveniles in a 200L tank all looking well fed and healthy. They are now also carrying a wide range of axie food.

I know this sounds like an advertisement, its not. There are just so many posts about petshops with poor axolotl sections and bad advice that I felt the need to identify this one that isn't.

When I commented positively on the changes I was told that these changes were now part of their national protocol to ensure continuity of service throughout their chain. So if any of my fellow Kiwis
have an animates store in their locale I would be interested to know if they have followed the suit of their Hamilton store.

Anyway big ups to everyone who uses and contributes to this site, the good advice they found here encouraged Animates to make these changes.

That's terrific! Well done Ian! :D

And well done to Animates Pet Store for taking those positive steps.

It must be a wonderful feeling to know you've made such a difference - those 10 juveniles will be 'swimming your praises' ;)

Congratulations.
It just goes to show that there are people in these places that are willing to listen and make a change.

Your post made me have a better say! I am so glad to hear the store took everyones word, instead of treating their animals like disposable income. Hooray! I am so glad the axolotls in the store are treated well, lets just hope the people who buy will treat them well also.

I don't mean to be rude by not accepting thanks, but all I did was direct them to this site.

I am just really happy that they have been drinking at this deep pool of collective knowledge, and even more so that they are applying it.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back