More strange behaviour

rastus

Reaction score
Country
Australia
Hi there. Posted a question about strange behaviour and breeding a while ago, but have since realised that both my axies appear to be girls so they're not breeding although they do seem to enjoy each others company. Recently one of them dug through the sand to the bottom of the tank (about an inch and a half) and quite often sits on the mound of sand she moved and (I know this sounds silly) appears to be looking at her reflection on the exposed glass on the bottom of the tank. I recently got some more sand for a top up and filled in the hole and she's started to dig again in the same spot.
Any ideas what she's up to?

Hahaha, that's cute. Maybe she thinks there is another axolotl under there? Though apparently their sight isn't very good. I have no idea but good luck :eek:

Hahaha, that's cute. Maybe she thinks there is another axolotl under there? Though apparently their sight isn't very good. I have no idea but good luck :eek:

Yeah that's what I thought, but I don't think she'd know that when she started digging. Funny little buggers, you never know what they'll do next.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back