are they all dead?

ali000

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Just recieved my axie eggs through the post and non of them are moving, not one :(:(

Some have hatched and have fallen to the bottom and some are still in their eggs.

This is so depressing, I'm not having much luck with axies:(

Put them in your hatching tank - some might be OK. The hot weather could have caused the problem. I lost loads a couple of years ago due to them over heating.

I noticed sperm in with my Axies the other day - so I might have some eggs for you soon. :)

Thanks Phil
I have put them in the tank anyway, I read on the axolotyl site that after hatching they remain motionless until all the egg yolk in their stomachs are used... I really hope this is the case, however I would have expected to see some movement!
can you usually see them wriggling around in their eggs?

You see the odd twitch every now and then, depending on their age. But they don't constantly wiggle.

My first lot of eggs over heated. Thought they were all dead, so I put the hatching tub out side ready to clean out. A week or so later, I did one last check before I cleaned them out. ...and I found one!

Raised him that summer - fed from the pond. Still have him "The General". So there is still hope :)

Thanks for telling me that, It made me smile. I think if one survives when all the others die I'll have to call it Nemo!
I know what will happen this evening now, I'll be sat all night studying them hoping to see something lol

got my fingers and my toes crossed for you,
heres hoping.

Oh My God :D:D:D

got in from work and checked on them, at least 10 wiggled when I touched them (lightly with the end of a plastic pipette)

I have many still in eggs so fingers crossed for them.

There were many definate casualties (some looked like they hadn't formed or had been partially eaten!) so I have got rid of them. There are also some that are unresponsive but look o.k, so I have left them in the tank.

I'm soooo happy I could burst (such a loser:eek:)

Thank you all for your wishes and stories of hope
Phil, I would still love some of you're eggs, I'm totally hooked ;)

when can you tell what colour they will be? the parents were a wild-type and an albino, some certainly look lighter than others, and about 4 of them look bright green (really gorgeous)
Alisonx

I'm soooo happy I could burst (such a loser:eek:)

Ali, you're not a loser. You're just concerned for the wee creatures. I have young hatchlings for the first time and I know what you mean. Even though my head knows that this is all very normal and common, I find myself holding my breath and staring at their tiny faces, and my belly tells me it's a miracle.

Maybe not everybody in our daily life will understand this hobby of ours, but here in this forum I think you're in very good company.

All the best to you and your brood!

-Eva

Ali, you're not a loser. You're just concerned for the wee creatures. I have young hatchlings for the first time and I know what you mean. Even though my head knows that this is all very normal and common, I find myself holding my breath and staring at their tiny faces, and my belly tells me it's a miracle.

Maybe not everybody in our daily life will understand this hobby of ours, but here in this forum I think you're in very good company.

All the best to you and your brood!

-Eva

Thank you
It's like having children:D

I don't know, in some ways I find it more difficult. I don't know how to comfort an axolotl, for example - you know, after cleaning its tank or something. (I tried earthworms as a treat but didn't think to cut them smaller first, was more work for them than a treat). You can't really talk to them (although I admit, I do talk to mine...)

Perhaps if you pack her into a glass tank filled with water and feed her earthworms? hehehe

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back