Dividing a tank

samfam4

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi everyone. I hope someone can help here. I've got my hands on a new tank but our axie babies are of slightly differing sizes (I suppose because of differing hatching dates) and I want to move them from their small containers.We've already had one mishap where Freckles(now Hannibal) ate tiny and Fric and Frac kept taking food out of the mouths of the smaller axies.So I thought of dividing the tank.Any suggestions on how?
Any help appreciated.

You can get tank dividers at any fish type store, or you can make one yourself if you have plastic of the right size. In my Betta tank, I just used the glass cover it came with to make a divider.

I keep mine in underbed storage tubs (about £4.00 from Wilkos/Pound Stretcher) until they are big enough to go in the big boys playground :)

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back