I think tank is ready now

Terri9967

Reaction score
Country
United States
I added some thick tall plants under the filter and that seemed to have slowed down the current. Also added some rocks.

Also got my test kits

Please let me know what you all think..

Attachments

• new1.jpg
    new1.jpg
    72.8 KB · Views: 162
  • new2.jpg
    new2.jpg
    57.5 KB · Views: 165
  • new5.jpg
    new5.jpg
    46.3 KB · Views: 168
Looks great. Where'd you get the cave like housing? :O I'm still looking for one, and that looks really nice. I may end up using some pvc pipes since I can't find anything nice like that around here.

Hi Fishy........ I bought those cave houses from my local pet store called Buzz n Bees. They are actually in the reptile department not in the fish area. I had actually bought a fancy log thing with plastic plants on it but when I got it home and was washing it, I noticed it had quite a few sharp edges on it so I traded it with my daughter for the caves I bought her for her fat tailed getgo.

If you cant find any where you are, pm me and I can get them here and mail them to you. They are not very expensive. I think I paid like 12.00 for the small cave and 20.00 for the large one. Depending on what size tank you have the large one will not fit in a standard 10 gallon tank, but the small ones will. Just let me know.

Thank you all for your comments. I can not wait till Tuesday!

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back