Love at first sight.

Kaysie

Site Contributor
Reaction score
Country
United States
Display Name
Kaysie
So as some of you know, I've recently (yesterday!) made the move to Davis, West Virginia: population 625. Oh yeah! After living in the city for so long, it's a big change.

But I think it's fate. I spotted this when I came into town.

Attachments

• DSC_2795-1.jpg
    DSC_2795-1.jpg
    248.6 KB · Views: 224
What part of the state is Davis in Kaysie?
Chip

You're just a hop, skip and a jump (well a big jump that covers two counties and some mountains lol) from me. Welcome to paradise.

Well it's nice to know that there are a few other members in my general region anyway. Sometimes it's easy to feel a little isolated here in the mountains. Kaysie, was there any sort of hellbender theme to the burrito place or was that just the name?
Chip

I didn't get a chance to stop in, but I will definitely further investigate. I just saw it as I was happening through (and looking for a place to live!) and was quite pleased.

Davis is in Canaan Valley, just south of the west end of Maryland.

I would also like to note, other than holding a burrito, the 'bender is fairly anatomically correct.

'benders and burritos seems like a really odd combo, an axolotl would've been more appropriate! That aside, that is still way cool! Make sure to post if the food is good!:p

Yeah. I'm never coming home. Ever. In literally 5 minutes of herping today, I found Hemidactylum scutatum (which I have been trying to find for AGES! First rock I flipped...), Ambystoma maculatum egg masses, Notopthalmus viridescens (one especially fat female and one male, snacking on tadpoles), and unknown species with dark tail (very possibly Plethodon nettingi). I also found a plethora of tadpoles (probably spring peepers, which are deafening around here).

Glad that you are loving it, Kaysie! WV has some great herping spots :proud:

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back