Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

newt building

creekcritter

Reaction score
I have almost finished my new newt building, It is much better then my newt room was.
Here are a few photos.

The stunning model is my herping buddy (my daughter.)

Attachments

• 100_5033.jpg
    100_5033.jpg
    140.5 KB · Views: 904
  • 100_5030.jpg
    100_5030.jpg
    93.9 KB · Views: 652
  • 100_5031.jpg
    100_5031.jpg
    115.6 KB · Views: 621
  • 100_4885.jpg
    100_4885.jpg
    92.9 KB · Views: 797

freves

Reaction score
Very nice. Are you keeping salamanders in all of those tanks? How are you keeping the building cool?
Chip

Jennewt

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
That's super, Tom! I need some of those shelves, those are great!

creekcritter

Reaction score
Jen, I am still building rack number threeand four, it is for large breeding tanks. In the room I have installed heating and air conditioning, and am working on the siphion system this week. Just a few more tanks to move out of the house. I hope not to out grow this building any time soon.

Abrahm

Reaction score
Hot damn. That's quite the place you have there!

*mumbles* Newt building! *mumbles*

Daym

Reaction score
DAM i need a newt house lol my room is choca lol and my gf hate that its so could in here lol

audrey

Reaction score
Very nice looking model you have there....must take after her mother? Great space! What kind of water syphoning system are you going to do?

blueberlin

2010 Research Grant Donor
Reaction score
Amazing room! I'd better not show these pictures to my husband. I only have two aquariums (and planning the third soon) and he's already asking at what point we are allowed to call ourselves a zoo...

Nice work!

-Eva

Jake

Reaction score
Beautiful set up Tom!

Makes everyone else's collection look like child's play!

micstarz

Reaction score
This made my jaw drop.
I envy you so much!!!! I like the way everything is tidy and tucked on the shelves.

exotics

Reaction score
thought i would add in my up and coming newt room. just in the process of thinking about switching the tanks over. don't know wether to fill the shelves with either six 2ft glass tanks and the floor row 6 18x12x12 tanks or to use the tommy tanks already on the sheves or to just go for plastic storage tanks or exo terra tanks though the water level would have to be low.

what are peoples views( sorry to steal thread)

P1060811.jpg

P1060809.jpg

John

Founder
Staff member
Reaction score
Tom, please build a newt building for me. Oh and please bring your daughter too...

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1