Restocking...Was it something I said?

Jacquie

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Country
Australia
Well, over the weekend I needed to restock you see and when one needs to restock on essential goods one can't go past a cheap yet quality kitchenware store...

In I wandered and grabbed a basket. Nice salesmen smiled and nodded in approval.

My turkey baster has been looking a little lost for ware, this time I picked one of higher quality...wow, on special too!...in the basket it goes.

What I really needed at this point in time was a colander as well, into my shopping basket it went.

A cheese slicer or very sharp paring knife? I couldn't decide so I threw them both in the basket...then I recalled that cheese slicers were messy - so back it went to the shelf.

Ahah! A soup ladle...in it goes.

Right, I was ready with my laden goods to commit to the checkout and proceeded over there. :happy:

"Good afternoon Madam, my goodness - you must be quite the gourmet! No one has bought a colander for ages now...blah blah typical salesman stuff (bbtss)...you like pasta eh?"

"Yes I do. I need this to clean sand however"

"Ha ha, very good Miss. My god a turkey baster...(bbtss)...haven't sold one of these babys for years, these young people these days...(bbtss)...You doing a turkey?"

"No, I just need it to clean up the mess that my babies have left over the little slobs" Shaking my head in fond disgust.

"I see madam" smiling good naturedly, his eyes darting and screaming 'save me!' "um a paring knife and a soup ladle..." he stared at the cash register and finally asked "You like to make soup eh?"

"No, not really. Can't stand the stuff! It's to move some larvae if I ever get any, you never know do you?" (I wish to thank Blueberlin for this idea, it's brilliant! I haven't got any larvae to move but as I said to the nice man at the store, you never know!). ;)

At this stage he didn't want to know about the paring knife - I just hope it can cut worms quickly and painlessly...Thank goodness he didn't ask what was for the main course eh? :eek:

It's become my favourite kitchenware store...I think I have got their nice salesman interested in axolotls! He asked me today "How are the slobs today Miss?"

:lol: How honest of you, I tend to just mumble...yep, doing a turkey:rolleyes:

:D Jacq, great! I love it. :kiss: I call it "Explaning your middle-class consciousness", or, to be more classical, "There are more things in heaven and Earth, Horation, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy."

Too funny.

P.S. Soup is a perfectly legitimate dish. Tststs.

Lol! I've had that same sort of encounter. It's always hilarious on my end!

.S. Soup is a perfectly legitimate dish. Tststs.

It is indeed, and works just fine being drunk from the container it comes in. I was always under the impression ladles were designed for fish keepers and just got filed in the wrong section of the store.

Its suprising the number of non culinary uses kitchen utensils have.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back