changing color? sick or normal?

sharelkaye

Reaction score
Country
United States
I have 3 axies soon to be five i hope and i have albino and a luesitic and they both used to be a pinkish color but now my albino is pale!!! is he sick or are they supposed to turn that color? he is still eating and moving around... is this bad? i worry to much so i ask a lot of questions...

Hi Sharelkaye,

Axies can change colour due to changes in water temperature. In a prior thread you mentioned you were adjusting your chiller to a bit colder.

It's perfectly normal.

Please don't worry about asking too many questions. That's what this forum is all about. It's better to ask too many questions than not enough ;) Fire away! :D

Cheers Jacq.

well i noticed like right before i changed lowered the temp and the other ones stayed the same... and being albino it looks normal (lack of color) but it was a pinkish color before and his gills were pinkish too actually he was a little on a yellow side but mainly pink... i just got worried cause i just noticed...could it be anything else?

When i got mine home from the aquarium, my Rosie was quite pale. She is now quite 'rosie' (i know, original...) i think the lack of light and a nice, cool pool helped with her color.

probably nothing to worry about.

Hi Shaye,

If it is constipation, could it be what your feeding them?

Beef and lamb causes axolotls to become constipationed, as you may have already read on the forum.

Moony

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back