white spots?!?!?

sharelkaye

Reaction score
Country
United States
I have 5 axies right now i recently got two little guys and im kinda worried about the bigger ones eating them the small ones are about 1 inch long and the other 3 are about 3 inches long but thats not what im talking about well my new ones seem to have a fungus but im not sure and i think they either had it or got it on the way over because of the weather and it being so hot!! well will get be transfered to my other 3 axies im worried...but it doesnt look fuzzy they just have spots on their tail and gills and they are gold type i think...can this just be normal?:dizzy:

Do you have any pics to show the spots?

I am a newbie with axolotls, but have read that IF its a fungus most that I have read say a salt bath.

I am sure many with more experience will chime in soon. But pics would help them see what this might be.

Good luck and hope they all do fine.

sounds like their normal markings, but to be sure I'd need to see a picture

Like the others have said, post a photo and that may help. Did you quarantine the new axolotls before you put them in with the others?

im trying to upload photos but my computer is acting weird so i can't but right now they are in a breeding tank inside the big tank because the bigger one tried to eat one of my babies so right now they are seperate but still in the same water because i have a chiller to keep the water cold my other aquarium is to hot but ill still try to get some pictures

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back