Could frogs and toads go together?

Jamesthenewt

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello, I was just wondering if fire belly toads could go in the same tank as fire bellied newts?
And could you please tell me information about fire belly toads?
Thanks
James:cool:

No. Firebelly toads and newts do not make good tank mates. The toads are voracious feeders and have been known to latch onto newts. Check out the species mixing disaster page for more information.

Fire belly toads, Bombina spp., are temperate semi-aquatic frogs. Most tanks include a large water feature which can be anything from a large water bowl to having islands in a mostly aquatic tank. They enjoy cooler temperatures of about 70-73F.

Can you tell me a website that is good and has a lot of information about them?
Where could i buy them?:frog:

Can you tell me a website that is good and has a lot of information about them?
Where could i buy them?:frog:

Here is a good caresheet. You can purchase them wild caught from most pet stores. The better option is to look in the wanted ads of various forums for captive bred individuals. Try Talk to the Frog and Amphibian Forum for captive bred individuals.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back