New members of my household

Jacquie

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Country
Australia
Hi All,

To reward myself for successfully cycling my second largest tank, today I picked up a lovely golden albino male whom I have named Aragorn and a lovely little pink albino girl whom I have named Arwen.

I have since discovered after paying 'low key attention ;)' to my new arrivals that Arwen is actually a leucistic - she has lovely big black eyes.

They have just had their first meal of live earthworms which they took to like a duck to water thankfully, as Aragorn is a little on the lean side for my tastes - I'll soon fix that! :proud: I am so proud of them.

Anyway, enough babbling from me - When they have settled into their new environment I'll take some happy snaps and pop them in the gallery.

So excited...

Cheers Jacq.

PS. I will take this time to acknowledge the hard work over the past two months of my fishies who have done a fantastic job doing their thing for the cycling - Goggies and Goggles, Speckies and Speckles, and Red Cap and Red Back - thanks guys and sorry I had to move you to the slums but that's life! :D

Congrats Jacq, can't wait for the pictures!

Oh dear, Jacq has got the bug. So when you moving to a bigger house then????? lol

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back