Normal????

Terri9967

Reaction score
Country
United States
Pira is about 2 1/2 inches long and seems to be top heavy. Doesnt seem to be able to keep his/her back side down, always has back end pointing upwards.

Ori doesnt have this problem

Is this normal or is there a problem with water current? I have a over the side filter and I put several plastic plants and rocks to cut the flow down. I do not see my plants swaying or the sand moving, so it would seem there is little to no current in my tank.

Sounds like it needs to poop.

As soon as he eats his back side comes down.... Maybe he/she is trying to say "Im hungry, kiss my butt until you feed me" hehehehee

hehehe

does sound like a poop, have you noticed him pooing, he may be struggling a bit

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back