annual conference

evelippold

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hello,

Can anyone tell me if the North American Amphibian Conference, being held in Erving, MA on June 6-8, is more pet trade oriented, or wildlife/natural resources oriented? Or is it a percentage of one and the other?

Eve

evelippold@comcast.net

Hi Eve,

NAAC will be a combination of private hobbyists/breeders offering CB offspring of dendrobatids and a focus on conservation/natural biology through Treewalkers International and Amphibian Ark. PM me and I can get you some contact names if you wish to inquire further.

Jason

I would love to attend however my wife is due June 13th so I thought that it is best not to risk it. I am going to make every effort to go next year if there is another one.
Chip

First off, congrats Chip!

NAAC was started because the planning committee wanted to fill the void left by the absence of IAD, but I suspect that it will be a continuing tradition after this inaugural event. I had hoped to go as well, but I'm playing in a rugby tournament that weekend.

Jason

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back