Sad day

Terri9967

Reaction score
Country
United States
After introducing 2 new members to the family, we must say goodbye to another. We have a 2 year old german shepard, who got loose last night and attacked 2 dogs in the neighborhood. Both are ok, but we have no choice but to send him away. He is a very loving dog to US, but to noone else. I just can't take the chance of him attacking a child in the neighborhood. He is to strong for me to handle as I am sick and on oxygen. Was extremely emotional with my hubby and my 14 year old daughter this morning as he (Bubba) was truely their dog!!! This will be one of the hardest days for me, as I will be the one to take him.

I can only hope and pray that he will get adopted by someone on a very large farm where he can run.

:(:cry::cry:

Thats unfortunate Terri. I own a little Jack Russell, he's only 5 months old. I have a 1 yr old baby in the house and the dog would only have to show the slightest sign of aggression to him or any member of this house and he would be straight out of here if there was no medical reason for it.
He may be loving to your family but he is obviously a threat to others and that is unacceptable in a family dog. I'm glad you can see you could have a possible problem with him and other children and at least you are being responsible by removing him from your home.

At least you have your new axies to help take your mind off it a bit and hopefully your husband and daughter will find the same enjoyment in them as you do.

Well just got home. This is what happened..... I had my dog in the car with a muzzle and a leash, I went into the humian society and told the woman my situation. She said ok lets get someone to help and get him out of the car. As we approached my van bubba went nuts. I managed to get the side door open and get ahold of his leash and got him outta of the van and he was a bit subdued due to having a muzzle on for the first time and not liking it at all. We walked into the building and the woman was looking for a room for me and bubba, she came back and asked if I could wait outside or back in my van cause they did not have a room empty. Now keep in mind bubba is not friendly to anyone other then my hubby, me and the kids!!! I was outside struggling to control him on the leash and a older man started to approach me asking how old he was, I said to him he's just over 2 but please becareful cause he is not friendly! He came right up to me and started petting bubba!!! And bubba didnt growl or anything. The man took the lease and bubba actually WALKED with this man. Bubba has never been controlable on a leash, pulls you all over the place. I explained the troubles we have had with him and the man said to me "I will take him right now, this dog will never survive the pound" I asked him where he lived and he lives in town which made me nervous but has a fenced yard and lives alone. He knew all about shepards and their how they can get bad hips because of their size. The man went over and sat on the bumper of his van and bubba sat right infront of him, very calm! So we exchanged phone numbers and I said my goodbyes to my protector! I dont know if I made the right decision or not, just seemed to me that this man was there at the same time as me for a reason......to give my dog a second chance to live.

I think that's great ,I hope Bubba lives a long doggy life. I do believe things happen for a reason and this seems to prove it.

I think that's great ,I hope Bubba lives a long doggy life. I do believe things happen for a reason and this seems to prove it.

Yes Madeve I believe the same. I have to in order to not get so emotional about it. I think bubba being one on one with this man will do him good. This man had a natural dog lover sense to him. I just called the guy and asked how things were going and he said things were going fine, no problems so far.

That's so sad. Although it is great that you found Bubba a home. This man was right, Bubba would have been put down straight away. I hope things work out for Bubba. XD

I lost my Jack Russell x Miniature Pincher earlier this year. She was only three years old, but developed a large tumor in her nose, and just wasn't living right any more. I hate losing my animals.

I now what it's like to lose a loved one of the furry kind :(
My dog did almost the same thing but she attacked a person, she had to be put down and she was only 9 months old. She was a cross though.
Bubba will be fine with his new owner though :)
You could even check up on him every few months?

My heart goes to you Terri, I hope the man stays in touch so you can get updates on Bubba

all the best
Ali x

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back