Red Newt Winery

Otterwoman

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Country
United States
On my little road trip (which included a stop at Thompson Park Zoo in Watertown, see my blog entry) I also stopped at the Red Newt Winery in Hector NY. I got a couple of bottles, even though I rarely drink! And some other stuff.

Attachments

• winessm.JPG
    winessm.JPG
    100.9 KB · Views: 2,283
  • labelsm.JPG
    labelsm.JPG
    31.9 KB · Views: 331
  • shirtsm.JPG
    shirtsm.JPG
    50.5 KB · Views: 382
  • stuffiessm.JPG
    stuffiessm.JPG
    56.9 KB · Views: 446
What kind of wine is in the blue bottles? I see that they make a riesling. That's one of the few wines I enjoy. I would love to buy a bottle of that to add to my Black Toad ale bottle. Do you have any idea of this stuff is distributed nationally?

The shirt is rather stylish too and I enjoy those stuffed newts; they are cute!

Oh dear. I want one of those shirts and the cuddly newts too. You should tell them to start an online store.

Oh dear. I want one of those shirts and the cuddly newts too. You should tell them to start an online store.

Are you being sarcastic?

Anyway, they have one.

http://rednewt.com/web/

Hmmmm....they used to sell tshirts and stuff online, but it looks like they only have wine online now.
But they do sell wine to Minnesota and Texas. Maybe if you order wine and ask if they have any shirts, they might sell you one; they had a selection of some shirts and sweat shirts when I was there.

When they asked what wines I wanted to taste, I said, I just like sweet wine. The white wine I bought is sweet, and the one in the blue bottles is grape-juice sweet, it tastes just like Welch's grape juice. Two little sips and I was feeling it, what a lightweight. I ate at the bistro and had the lasagna special. The box they gave me to haul it all away in had the Riesling sticker. Yeah, aren't those bottles cool?

No, I wasn't being sarcastic.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back