PDA

View Full Version : Using fish cures for Axie diseases

Turbosaurus
9th June 2008, 16:22
In my search today regarding bloating in one axie I noticed lots of different problems people are facing that I have come across is years of fish keeping. Especially fungus.

There isn't much information regarding axolotl outside of this web site that I have been able to find, they don't appear to be too popular in the US. I am wondering if the cures we use for fish can be applied to axies. I keep fresh water fish and fresh water shrimp. I know some of the chemicals and medications I use for fish would kill my shrimp (for instance copper based parasite treatments and malachite green as a treatment for fungus) I wonder if the same holds true for Axies? Does anyone have a list of axie safe medications that you can find in the fish department of your LPS?

Abrahm
9th June 2008, 16:37
It's not an exhaustive list, but you can start here (http://www.caudata.org/cc/articles/illness.shtml). Other articles on caudate health (which includes axolotls), disease and treatment can be found in the Caudata Culture article section linked in my signature under Care Articles.

Jennewt
9th June 2008, 16:47
Also, axolotl.org has a list of safe/unsafe medicines (bottom of the Health page).