Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

The Diaries of an Axolotl

Genome42

Reaction score
Love the video and the heart beating is really amazing!
I feel sorry for your leutistic its the 'white' sheep of the bunch ;) lol!

TerryBlack

Reaction score
The song in the video is "All we have is now" by the Flaming Lips (from the 'Yoshimi Battles the Pink Robots' album)

thanks for the comments! gotta love what procrastination from exams can do eh?

Dewey

Reaction score
That was a nice break. In addition to the beating heart, I love the part where the worm makes several valiant efforts to escape!

Lisa

Reaction score
That's fantastic Terry. I love the beating heart and it's all so well done. I can think of a few kids around here who'll love it too.

TerryBlack

Reaction score
thanks! need to find a knew angle now though, cause now they're nearly 7 inches they arn't changing at all anymore. If anyone wants a Wildtype Axolotl btw, I'm gunna be giving a few of them away soon. I live in the south east of England. I'll will post a message in the 'wanted' forum in time.

TerryBlack

Reaction score
Medway towns, Rochester/Chatham etc (specifically, Strood but no one's ever heard of it)

ali000

Reaction score
hahaha, heard of it!!!! I'm in Gravesend, Blimey small world!!!

Very interested in some wild types, would love to introduce them to my main tank, how big are they now? my current 2 are about 8cm, but I could always divide the tank.
Where did you get the parents from? I had awful trouble finding a decent stockist round here, everywhere I went the poor things looked half dead, I ended up buying my two from a little shop in maidstone.

TerryBlack

Reaction score
Cool, yeh I have 10 Axolotls, some i have promised to friends etc but i'm sure i'll have several left over. they're all the same age (from the same batch of eggs) but they range from quite small to quite big. I haven't measured them for a few weeks so i shall do so tomorrow and let you know, but i think the smallest is about 7-8cm and the largest is maybe 14cm or so? but i'll check more accurately tomorrow.

I don't have the parents, i got the eggs from another member on this forum who posted them to me. I only really intend on keeping one (maybe 2) of them and so yeh, once i've given a couple to my friends that want them i shall post on here what i have going!

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1