New arrivals in fridge?

DGMurphy

Reaction score
Country
United States
I am expecting the delivery this morning of two axolotls via UPS overnight. Should I put them in the fridge for a while when they arrive to "de-stress" them? I am worried about them being too warm etc.

Is your tank all ready and cycled? what temperature is it?

as long as it's below 22C then they will be fine in the tank, make sure they have planty of hidey holes as you may find they retreat away for a while whilst they de-stress, there's no need to fridge them unless your tank is too hot.

Good luck, it's very exciting isn't it, I'm sure we would all like to see some piccys once they have settled in. Do you know what colours you are getting? have you thought of names?

Have fun
Ali x

Thanks for the reply! I'm kind of nervous about their shipping ordeal! Yes, I have the tank ready to go but I'll add more hiding spots. I'm getting a white and a brown. I'll update upon their arrival.

Don't expect too much from them at first, they may want to hide away a bit to adjust, try offering them some food but don't worry if they don't take any for a day or two.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back