20cm long male whit 10cm long babies?

weemano

Reaction score
Country
Finland
I maybe get bigger male axie tomorrow, his tank is broken and he needs home very quick.
He will be in 190 liter aquarium untill I get the bigger tank, only I must share the tank to two peaces whit somekind of barrier fot some days..
But I'm just thinking, my sweet ones are just 10 cm long now, they will be in 100 liter tank for some weeks, but when I get a bigger tank, can I put them in it whit that 20cm long male?

I wouldn't put them together until they are closer in size. I am in a similiar situation as I have an adult male and one of his juveniles, they share a divided tank at present. If I was to put them together I suspect the juvenile will get eaten or chewed.

I think that those babies will crow really fast, they eat so mutch!
Maybe the male won't crow so fast anymore, so it's only mater of time..?
How long should the litle ones be when I put them together?
The babies can't be in 100 liter tank for ever...

20cm axolotls will make snacks out of 10cm axolotls.

Kaysie // you didn't read the hole thing, dindn't you...?

I think that those babies will crow really fast, they eat so mutch!
Maybe the male won't crow so fast anymore, so it's only mater of time..?
How long should the litle ones be when I put them together?
The babies can't be in 100 liter tank for ever...

At 20 cm, even the larger axolotl is still growing - he is only roughly half the size he will be as an adult. The 10 cm ones will grow quickly, but the 20 cm will grow quickly, too. So yes, as you wrote, it is only a matter of time.

The difference in size should not be more than 1/3 the body length. Any greater difference and you could have trouble.

-Eva

thank you Eva. :)
I know that the 20cm long boy will crow about 35cm-40cm long in the big tank.
But I just wait that te litle ones gatch him. :D
Big boy is now on his way to here, whit my parents.
Mom said that he is wery nice axie, handsom and lifefull. :D

Just in case there is any misunderstanding: The size of the tank does not influence how large or how quickly the axolotls will grow.

What are the dimensions of the 100 L tank?

-Eva

Don't axies gome runt if they are in too smool space? :confused:

The 100 liter tank is about 75x35x45cm, I don't remember for sure now.

No, they will grow to their full size no matter what you do. Larvae may grow more slowly if they are not fed enough, but the size of the aquarium makes no difference to growth rate.

Ord..I was waiting for big axie, and its about same size than my hand. :D

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back