Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

When you know your axie is growing

Terri9967

Reaction score
Last night I placed my fingers into the tank to see how cold the water was. With in seconds, Pira, my gold axie, raced to the top of the tank and engulfed the tip of my finger. I jumped and lifted my hand out of the water, and Pira was still attached. Took a few seconds before Pira showed mercy and released my finger and jumped back into the water. Scared the tar out of me!! I now know that when they reach full size I will NOT be placing any body parts into the tank! :eek::wacko:

moony1988

Reaction score
Wow... I have been love bitten by my axolotl on the finger, but he has never hung on & been pulled out of the water before. You must have a strong little axie there!! :)

Urgh

Reaction score
I hand feed Duchess, so she does get a little carried away sometimes- She acts like my fingers are just part of the worms she's eating!!! Then she thrashes about trying to kill my finger, and sulks when she can't eat it. :D

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1