Hello!

DEB

Reaction score
Country
United States
HI MY NAME IS DEB. I LIVE IN THE PACIFIC NORTHWEST OF THE U.S.. I LIVE MORE INLAND THAN SEATTLE MORE TOWARDS SPOKANE. I WAS MUCH SURPRISED TO FIND SALAMANDER LARVAE IN MY ABANDONED FISHPOND AND HAVE A NEED TO ACQUIRE MORE INFO ON THEM. I WOULD LIKE TO HELP THEM GROW BUT LACK THE KNOWLEDGE ON HOW TO DO IT. I ALSO HAVE TOADS THAT I HAVE A FONDNESS FOR. I DON'T KNOW WHAT KIND OF SALAMANDERS THEY ARE BUT THE 2 ADULTS I'VE SEEN ARE BLACK WITH A GREEN STRIPE DOWN THEIR BACKS. I'M MORE INTERESTED IN GIVING THEM THEIR OWN NATURAL HABITAT THAN KEEPING THEM AS PETS. DEB :animal:

I saw your other post and assume it's part of the same question. Why not let them as they are, since they seem to be doing OK and you don't want them as pets anyway? Then you can just go back there and look at them like they were your own outdoor fishtank. I got the idea from your other post that you mean to remove the pond, or did I misunderstand?

I must say I think you are very lucky to have these living wild in your garden. I wish I lived somewhere where this would happen.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back