Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

Hello From Norway

nagell

Reaction score
I just became a member today, and i found the site beacuse i was searching the web for information about salamanders. I am getting a few in a week or so and wanted to find information on how best to set up the tanks for them. :eek:

Nathan050793

Reaction score
Hello, welcome to the forum!:D This place is the best source for answers to any questions you may have. Might I ask what species you are thinking of getting?

nagell

Reaction score
I dont know actually... I just got a phone call this morning with the message "I have 4-6 salamanders on the way, do you want them?" so I just have to wait and see really...

Nathan050793

Reaction score
nice. When you get them, the Caudata Culture species pages are great for care info. There is a link at the top of the page.

nagell

Reaction score
i talked to the guy i am getting them from, and one of the species are at leat supposed to be some sort of a fire belly type. but i guess i just have to try and figure it out when i get them all on thursday

benw

Reaction score
Hello and welcome.

You have joined a place with a huge collective amount of knowledge, make the most of it!!

Congratulations on your animals that are on the way to you, maybe worth double checking to see whether they are Fire Bellied Newts or Fire Salamanders as the set ups they require are very different.

Check in the Caudata Culture, as you dont want a big panic when they arrive.

Welcome again

Ben

nagell

Reaction score
this is the setup for now:
i185700990_55446_3.jpg

Elochai

Reaction score
hello, i'm from norway too;)

i'll write in english so all understand..

you might want to check out www.reptilfreaks.no
norwegian forum:)

and that sand you got in the bottom of your vivarium..you might wanna switch to using larger stones such as "singel" (don't know the english word:p)..

the fire belly has an habit to eat the sand and it can make him il:)

good luck.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!