Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

Hi there :)

AxalotMel

Reaction score
My name's Mel and I bought my first axolotl 9 days ago- a golden female. A week later we bought a black male. Their first night together, they mated and the next day there were eggs everywhere! I have been thrown into the deep end of keeping axolotls, and it's very exciting! I already have a few 'buyers' if this batch is successfull, and I'd love to keep a few myself. I can't wait to learn more about axolotls and other caudates... In the past 9 days, my head has been so crammed with information! I love my new pets and can't wait to see where this will take me ;)
Thanks for reading!:p

Jacquie

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Welcome Mel,

My goodness, you have been thrown into the deep end.

Good luck and you know where to find us if you have any questions.

Cheers Jacq.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1