Hello from Bulls NZ

Ashley G

Reaction score
Country
New Zealand
Display Name
Ashley G
Hi there, I'm Ash and i am very new to axolotls. i received a breeding pair of gold axolotls yesterday, unfortunately the male had bitten one of the female's leg down to the bone...OUCH!!!:eek:
So i took her to the pet shop and the resident fish expert took the rest of the leg off...i could not bring myself to do it.:(
They have had a day to settle in and they both look amazing, even if the little girl has only got 3 legs haha.
There has been a lack of axolotls in my region for quite some time now and I am hoping to change that.
So if anyone in the Manawatu/Wanganui region is interested in a golden axy sometime soonish (probably closer to christmas) I will be supplying to wet pets, and will supply privately.

Awesome just thought I would put myself out there.
Thanks

Hi Ash and welcome to the Forum!

You'll find loads of info at the axolotl.org site (link at the top of this page) if you haven't already. Looking forward to hearing your experiences!

-Eva

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back