Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

Help! Done everything but Tiger still floating!

Audwar

Reaction score
Hello!
My Tiger Salamander started floating over a week ago. I figured the water was not cool enough so I remembered a lot of people saying to put them in the fridge. I was actually shocked at first when I read that, but when I noticed that my Tiger was still floating I decided to put him back in the same plastic carrier I bought him in and lower the water but enough water that he was completely covered really well. He continued to float for about 6 days after I put him in the fridge and recently I noticed he was no longer floating and I also noticed he passed a very large Salamader poo :eek:. I figured he was just really needing to poop and that was his problem. So, I took him out of the fridge and let the water he was in go to room temp. and then early this morning when I was going to put him back into his 10 gallon tank he was floating again. I still put him back in his tank and so far he is still floating. Is this ok, or am I doing something wrong:mad:??? What should I do:confused:?? I have feed him cut up worms and crickets and he loves them. I also do a partial water change every day because my tank is not completely cycled yet, but almost.
If anyone can help I would really appreciate it! Thanks in advance!

superfin

Reaction score
Jans right a terrestrial tanks the best but put out a bowl of water if it wants to soke its skin:D

chris:wacko:

Audwar

Reaction score
No, it is definitely not an adult it is still a larvae! Sorry, I should of included that! It is actually doing better now. I hope it continues to keep doing well! I wonder what was the problem?

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!