Hello to Newt and Salamander Lovers!

Kathleen

Banned
Reaction score
Country
United States
My name is Kathleen. I spent most of my life in NJ and recently relocated to Beverly Hills, FL. My Dad always told me, "Never trust anyone who does not love animals."

My love for animals began with our Miniature Schnauzer, Heidi, our Blue-Fronted Amazon Parrot, Rainbow, and my guinea pig, Autumn Jane, along with fish and tadpoles.

About five years ago I went into a local NJ pet shop only to find Oliver, my Oregon Newt. Oliver needed a friend so I purchased another Oregon Newt, Olivia.

I have added two Paddle Tail Newts, Dino and Daisy. I also have a Hong Kong Newt, Tuffie. She was emaciated at a pet shop. I named her Tuffie because after a long road she is fine!

I am so happy to be a member of a web site where I can adopt/purchase newts and salamanders that have been bred by "animal lovers."

Along with enjoying "Kathy's Pampered Pet Salon" (as my Mom named it), my other passion is photography.

Remember what my Dad always said!

Hi Kathleen, Heidi, Rainbow, Autumn Jane, Oliver, Olivia, Dino, Daisy, & Tuffie,

And welcome to the forum! :happy:

Cheers Jacq.

We all thank you for you "personalized welcome!"

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back