Question: Removing Eggs from Live Plants

blueberlin

2010 Research Grant Donor
Reaction score
Country
United States
Display Name
Eva
How do you get rid of eggs on live plants?

Thanks,

-Eva

I assume you mean axolotl eggs. Usually I just scrape eggs off. They're pretty tough.

Yes, axolotl eggs - I posted in the axolotl forum, right? :p

I have "coontail" (Ceratophyllum demersum) and its fronds just break off. I can leave the embryos/larvae to be eaten but the egg jelly still stays attached to the plants and collects "dust". Looks nasty.

Yeah, sorry. When I do a search of the forum, it doesn't show what sub-topic it's under. I forget to check.

As far as the jelly, it should disintegrate within a few days, and you can suck it off with a turkey baster.

Yeah, sorry. When I do a search of the forum, it doesn't show what sub-topic it's under. I forget to check.

S'okay, I did that once, too - and in exactly this forum section. I was confused for a moment, too, whether I had posted in the right place. :eek:

Thanks, it's great to know that I'll get the aquarium clean again sooner or later.

-Eva

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back