Nitrate Test Kit

Kiowa

Reaction score
Country
Australia
Display Name
Kirst
Hello all

I've received my Aqua One Nitrate test kit and it has Reagent A and C liquid, Reagent B as powder so is powdered form reliable or not.

Thank you so much

Hi Kiowa,

Yes, the test for nitrate includes a powder - it's just the form in which that chemical is available (I have no idea what the chemicals are, seems to be an industry secret). I wish all of the reagents were powders. I hate the childproof caps on the liquids, and it's such fun to play with the litle measuring spoon!

-Eva

My test kit came with two bottles, but no powder.

Should I get the powder??

Jess are you maybe looking at the test for nitrite? NO2 is nitrite, NO3 is nitrate. The test for NO2 nitrite is two bottles of liquid reagents.

-Eva

My test kit has 1 bottle for nitrite and two bottles for nitrate, I guess there's different types around in the shops, Kerry.

There are many forms of test kits around. The point of buying a test kit is that the dip-strips that many people are pressured into buying are notoriously inaccurate, and expire quickly. Reagent kits are much more reliable.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back