Ordering Eastern Newts from biological supply?

FredLikesNewts

Reaction score
Country
United States
Has anyone ordered eastern newts, or noto's as some people call them here, from any biological supply websites? Is it good, is it bad? Are there any alternative ways of buying newts? I dont think the forum is an option because I dont have a credit card and my parents would not trust a site like this. Although, the people here seem reliable and I would trust them.

Last edited by a moderator:
There may be people here that are willing to get some noto's for you. You should post what you want in the wanted section.

I have edited your post removing the link to the biological site and cleaning up your grammar. Please use proper english, capital letters, and punctuation when posting in the forum. Thank you.

In addition, you should know that the forum is not a commercial entity. "It" doesn't sell animals. There are many breeders here who are often willing to sell excess animals. I know I am not equipped to take credit card transactions. It's usually check, money order, or paypal (and sometimes people who show up at the house). However, Wards or Carolina WILL need a credit card.

Additionally, any animals that you get from a biological supply are almost 100% guaranteed to be wild-caught (with axolotls as the exception). These are often raped and pillaged from breeding ponds en masse. If you purchased animals from a breeder, they are more likely to be healthier, and bred or harvested in a sustainable manner.

There may be people here that are willing to get some noto's for you. You should post what you want in the wanted section.

I have edited your post removing the link to the biological site and cleaning up your grammar. Please use proper english, capital letters, and punctuation when posting in the forum. Thank you.

Sorry for not using proper grammer, punctuation and all of that stuff, the only other forums ive been to are for video games and its not really enforced to use proper grammar consodering all of the little kids and gamer slang. Also I'm sorry for posting the link to the biological site.

In addition, you should know that the forum is not a commercial entity. "It" doesn't sell animals. There are many breeders here who are often willing to sell excess animals. I know I am not equipped to take credit card transactions. It's usually check, money order, or paypal (and sometimes people who show up at the house). However, Wards or Carolina WILL need a credit card.

Additionally, any animals that you get from a biological supply are almost 100% guaranteed to be wild-caught (with axolotls as the exception). These are often raped and pillaged from breeding ponds en masse. If you purchased animals from a breeder, they are more likely to be healthier, and bred or harvested in a sustainable manner.

Yes I am aware that the forum is not a commerical entity and I realized that not many people here would accept credit cards too haha. Although my parents would order with their credits card from Wards or a site like that because it looks offical and they would not trust indivisual people on the internet.

Sorry if this is veering away from the topic purpose but how do people normally pay for animals here besides credit card and manually picking it up/dropping it off?

To answer your question, a few people have described their experiences buying from biological houses, and the newts are mostly skinny and half dead, and the other half dies pretty soon after.

Ok, i dont think ill order from one of those although i am pretty desperate...

But can anyone tell me how people pay each other on this website, sorry for going off topic, but could a possible way be to mail cash, rather than a check?

You need to post what you want in the "wanted" secion of the forum. If somone has what you are looking for, you can them get in direct contact with them and work out the payment details from there. Many people here will accept check or moneyorder. There is not one universal way to pay when purchasing animals with the help of this site as the site does not regulate these sales.

ok thank you for the insight. i think ill try the wanted area for notos rather than a biological supply although i dont think im going to do it anytime soon.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back