Salmon pellets???

kclinton

Reaction score
Country
United States
Display Name
Karrie Clinton
I'am trying to find some sort of pellet food for my axie. I asked the pet store they looked at me like I was crazy. I thought about going to a bait store. Dose any body have an idea how or were I can find these?

I had same problem. Unable to find them locally, but someone said you can buy them online and have them shipped to you. I can not find the post that shows who sells them, might have been in a chat that I was told that. I am sure someone will post here and let you know where you can order them.

I asked the local bait shop and my local pet shop and yep.......they looked at me like I was nuts. LOL

my local bait shop only had halibut pellets but the Axies seem to approve.

Thanks for the help I will check it out. What do you guys think of these? I found Super Soft Krill pellets This is what is in them.

krill, fish meal, wheat flour, high gluten, fish oil propylene glycol, brewers dried yeast, lecithin dry,biored, garlic powder, zeolite, haematococuss with vitamins and minerals added.

Analysis 36% Protein, 13% fat 2% fiber, 18% moisture, 13% ash.

Any thoughts would be great thanks.

I ordered some from the University of Kentucky. I also had the same problem finding them locally and when I searched, this is what I came up with. I emailed them to ensure that they can readily ship to Canada and there is no problem. Overseas may be quite another story...
Formerly known as Axolotl Colony Ambystoma Genetic Stock Centre
The order form for obtaining food is found here the address to send to and other information are on the form.
http://www.ambystoma.org/AGSC/food.htm
email to ask delivery questions
ambysotma@uky.edu
There are large (5mm) pellets, small (3mm) pellets, brine shrimp eggs, Holtfreter's Salts etc.
to get the best out of the shipping costs, they suggest buying 3 bags which can be refrigerated up to 9 months.
Hope this helps
Paula

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back