Anyone heard of Coco Husk? Is it the same as Coconut Fiber?

Audwar

Reaction score
Country
United States
I am putting together my Tiger Salamanders terrarium. I went to a pet store looking for Coconut Fiber and top soil to put in his terrarium. All I found was this stuff made by Exo Terra called Coco Husk. The lady at the store said it was just like Coconut Fiber and it would be fine, not sure if I really tust the employees at these stores anymore. It is compounded into a block and I have to add water to it. Before I go ahead and add it to the top soil I was wondering if this stuff would be ok.
Thank you all, and I hope to soon stop buggin everyone with my questions! I just want to make sure I am doing this stuff right! Thanks again!:eek:

yes, coco Husk is the same as cocofiber. You sound really prepared!:D

Audwar - you are not 'bugging' everyone with your questions. By asking questions and receiving answers, everyone learns. To your point - it is important to do things correctly in the care of animals....so keep the questions coming as you learn...and as Nathan pointed out, the two products are the same. You are probably aware, but when using top soil, assure that it is 'organic', i.e., with no fertilizers, pesticides, perlite, vermiculite, etc. added...you can often find this in garden centers.

hello,

it will be positive when you add a bit of soil out of an deciduous forest.
Because with that soil you bring some good microfauna in the salamandertank. I use the half rotted part of the ground. The keyword is Impaction. It means that you vitalize the cokohumus.

Greetings Ingo

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back