Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

Salamander jokes...

IanF

Reaction score
Hey guys, I know this sounds weird but I was bored which eventually led to me looking up jokes involving salamanders and such...and only one thing came up. This -
A man walks in to a bar with a newt on his shoulder and orders a beer , the barman says whats that on your shoulder ? , the man replies thats my pet newt and his name is tiny , why do you call him tiny asks the barman ? and the man replies because he is my newt ! .

Mabey I'm just slow but I don't find that very funny. Anyone got any good ones?

Jacquie

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hee hee hee.

I like it, it's a very clever play on words. I think it's one of those jokes that needs to be spoken aloud though rather than reading it silently to yourself.

John

Founder
Staff member
Reaction score
That reminds me of Sal, a man dear to my heart.

Azhael

Site Contributor
Reaction score
If i understood it right, the joke is that "minute" sounds just like "my newt". Not eassy for us non-native english people. Mind you i hope that´s the joke xDDD if not i´m going to feel retarded....

IanF

Reaction score
My first language is english... and it still took me awhile, like havelock said you've got to read it outloud. :rolleyes:

petro

Reaction score
Minute!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!My god,my son off eight explaned!Again and again and aigan!
And than I endly was hearing wat he was saying!!:blush::violent::D

Ian thanks,maybe slow but also on a nice way diffelcult and specially when you are not english speaking.
Petro

John

Founder
Staff member
Reaction score
Before we go setting misconceptions for the non-native English speaking world about the pronunciation of "minute", let's make it clear. Forgive me if you already know the difference but think of this as insurance against misinformation!

"Minute" is a unit of time, and the first syllable rhymes with "bin" (as in rubbish bin), and the second syllable sounds like "nut" (the things squirrels like eat).

"Minute" applied to size is pronounced with the first syllable rhyming with "mine" (as in don't step on that mine, it's mine), and the second syllable sounds like "newt" (as in Caudata.org).

petro

Reaction score
Before we go setting misconceptions for the non-native English speaking world about the pronunciation of "minute", let's make it clear. Forgive me if you already know the difference but think of this as insurance against misinformation!

"Minute" is a unit of time, and the first syllable rhymes with "bin" (as in rubbish bin), and the second syllable sounds like "nut" (the things squirrels like eat).

"Minute" applied to size is pronounced with the first syllable rhyming with "mine" (as in don't step on that mine, it's mine), and the second syllable sounds like "newt" (as in Caudata.org).

Thanks John,
I did now and from the way my son talks he also.But can also tell you that this info will be :D
going to be given more fun then we already hat this evening! (Because the way of speaking out)
Petro

coichards

Reaction score
Dont you find it funny that one little joke can spark a page of replies.
But I guess I have just added to it!
:ha:

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!