Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

I was tempted...

Urgh

Reaction score
..By a stunning young leucistic.
Who I bought. I couldn't help myself, despite swearing blind I would wait till I got back from my holiday in Sydney in October before buying a new axie to try fill the hole left by Duchess. But I utterly could not help myself. He was so much littler than his two tank mates, and they'd taken a good nibble out of his poor tail. :( He also had pebbles in his tank, which kind of sealed the deal. :mad:
I haven't named him yet, And I will get photos when I get my laptop back. So far all is going well, he ate two worms(one came back up, but I was slightly expecting it- I doubt he's eaten anything more than two or three pellets a week in his entire life, he's so skinny).
My bigger tank broke, though. So his home will be my cycled smaller tank till I can get him a bigger home and cycle it.

I just had to share news of my new arrival. :D

blueberlin

2010 Research Grant Donor
Reaction score
Welcome back to the world of axolotls. :D Good luck to you both!

-Eva

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1