I'm so happy!

Kerry1968

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello, I just want to say to all you out there cycling your tanks.........there is light at the end of the tunnel!
I was diligently changing and testing water every day and not noticing any differences in the levels, or hardly any, so I decided to relax about it all, carry on with the water changes and let nature do it's work.
I haven't tested for nitrates for ages, I've just been keeping an eye on the ammonia levels now and again, I have also been checking the axolotls behaviour for signs of stress in case the water quality wasn't too good. Anyway, today I tested for nitrate and at last I have some! A lot in fact! (40-50ppm)
So now I'm a happy bunny!
Finally, I can just relax and enjoy my axolotls with weekly small changes! Phew!
I just wanted to share this with those of you still cycling, I know it seems to take forever, but it has to be done to make for happy axies! Good luck! Kerry.

Congrats to you, Kerry - it's a champagne moment, isn't it.

-Eva

Well done Kerry! ;)

Save some of the champagne for us!

Cheers Jacq.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back