Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

Whitish toes in Triturus dobrogicus

vide

Reaction score
I noticed three days ago that my T. dobrogicus (2.1) where looking a bit ode. There toes are a lighter than usual, a bit whitish!

I came home after being away for a couple of weeks, neglecting my newts you might say, but in my experience a healthy newt is fine without food for a couple of weeks. I fed the newts a large meal of worms, Lumbricus rubellus I think. They ate eagerly, as usual, and I didn’t notice anything funny about them, although I guess I could have overlooked light toes. I don’t know if any of this, my absence and the large meal, has anything to do with this but the next day I noticed the light toes and feet.

Apart from the light toes the newts seem fine and are acting as usual but it still makes me worry.
Has anyone seen this before, have any idea of what might have caused it or, even better, know how to fix it?

Thanks, Vide

Attachments

• Triturus dobrogicus.hona.liten.jpg
    Triturus dobrogicus.hona.liten.jpg
    104 KB · Views: 246
  • Triturus dobrogicus.liten.jpg
    Triturus dobrogicus.liten.jpg
    88.5 KB · Views: 243
General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!