hello from new york!

amkid247

Reaction score
Country
United States
Display Name
Spotted Salamander
hello! i joined this site after looking for information about my spotted salamander! i raised him from a larva! i'm hoping he'll grow up big and strong ^_^
the metamorphosed pics are actually him, the larval picture may be a sibling. i actually had two, both of them started off as little yellowish brown ones. the larval picture shows near metamorphosis.

Attachments

• IMG_3693.jpg
    IMG_3693.jpg
    63.8 KB · Views: 213
  • pondtank024copyju2.jpg
    pondtank024copyju2.jpg
    354.8 KB · Views: 170
  • IMG_3689.jpg
    IMG_3689.jpg
    155.9 KB · Views: 162
Hello amkid247 and welcome!

I love the pics of your salamanders, great job raising them so far!

There isn't a specific caresheet for these great salamanders but you might find some great info in the Ambystoma section of the forum.

http://www.caudata.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=38

Enjoy and good luck!

Mitch

well heres some more pictures after feeding him today!
his colors are so vibrant!

Attachments

• Picture 468.jpg
    Picture 468.jpg
    84.5 KB · Views: 179
  • Picture 471.jpg
    Picture 471.jpg
    113.2 KB · Views: 159
  • Picture 475.jpg
    Picture 475.jpg
    91.7 KB · Views: 164
He's a cutie and a beauty.

That really is a beautiful maculatum - almost makes mine jealous ;)

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back