Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

White spots on African Dwarf Frog

Bloodysamflint

Reaction score
I recently purchased 2 ADFs from my local store. I had them for a week and then left town for 4 days, when i returned i noticed one of the ADFs had a white spot on him inbetween the head and the arm, on what i suppose would be the neck.

My question is whether this is a fungus, I didnt notice it before when i purchased the frogs, or is this a natural marking. I wish i had a camera to post the picture up online for viewing. Any insight is always appreciated, don't know whether to start treatment or not.

Thanks

keechoo

Reaction score
Hard to say without a photo. Is the spot fuzzy? Is it just one spot? I don't have ADFs but I do have 2 ACFs and they sometimes get white spots that resemble very tiny pimples. I don't take any action because they do not spread or bother them. I actually think it is part of their coloring.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!