Question: its shedding its fimbriae why????

Dizzi

Reaction score
Country
Australia
hey peeps,

so my ax is loosing its fimbriae and this may b a very stupid question but why? and how can i help him?? and wats wrong with my tank? he's completely fine otherwise jsut lacking some fimbriae

anyone got some ideas??

cheers!!

diz

Hi Diz,

The usual culprit is bad water quality - can you test the water for its levels of ammonia and nitrites?

-Eva

I agree the usual cause is high ammonia or nitrites. If you cannot test take a sample out to test later or to take to a pet shop to ask them to test it. Meanwhile do 20% daily water changes and try to identify and correct the cause of problem.

Thanks!

Will do, hopefully that'll fix it

ammonia and nitrite here we come :p

toodles

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back