bio orbs

julie b

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi does anyone now if you can put sand in a bio orb tank? i ask this cause i think one would make a great home for pet (my axie) but think they come with an underwater filter that you can only use gravel with so i dont want to buy one to find i cant put sand in it
thanks for any advice
julie:eek:

I dont think you can mate. Can't u put a new filter in it?

I really wouldn't recommend housing an axolotl in an orb. I have owned one of these but found the filter not very good at all, and ended up selling it on within a couple of months, and i only kept tropical fish in mine!

When choosing the right tank for an axolotl you should look at the floor area, and not hight or shape or what may look nice. The bigger the floor area you can provide and axolotl the better!

A orb has very little floor area, and uses the very rough porous stone which the bacteria lives in. Because of the shape of the over all tank as well this really is the only filter option open to you as you would not be able to put a filter on the side of the ank, and also wouldn't look very nice!

Hope this helps!

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back