John

Founder
Staff member
Reaction score
Country
Ireland
Display Name
John Clare
In the interests of transparency I am posting to let you all know that today I have launched a separate community called FrogForum.net. It's aimed at people interested in large frogs & toads, as well as pet species like fire belly toads. It's brand new and there's not much on it yet. It's also mildly commercial so I'm sort of breaking my own "no links to commercial sites" rule but I would rather you all find out about it from me than stumble on it and wonder what is going on.

Caudata.org remains the priority on my time so please have no concerns.

Nice site, how long has it been done for?

I opened it about 4 hours ago.

Looks nice. I'll have to poke around a bit now that I have registered.

One comment, I think that your tagline, "The Large & Pet Frog Community" is a bit clumsy. "The Pet & Large Frog Community" seems to flow a bit better to me. Just an opinion.

Looks great. I just registered this morning. I have to say that I love these sites. They are a great way to bring the hobby together and share information and thoughts.

Alex

Hehe thank you. Your responses are better than I had hoped. Abrahm - thanks for the tagline advice, I don't like the current one either.

Hello John.

So is this site meant to exclude treefrogs/smaller frogs generally not seen as "petlike"?

I haven't really found a frog forum that I really frequent alot. The ones I know about are eithered troubled by too many useless posts, not enough traffic, etc. Their is a pretty good one out there that caters to large species such as pyxie/horned frogs. And an excellent one that unfortunately caters only to dart frogs. All the sites tend not to have much info posted on breeding.

Hope this site finds it niche as one with lots of cool information!

Joseph - yes basically not tree frogs, dartfrogs or mantellas just because there are sites that do those well already. It's aimed at those pyxie/horned frog folks as well as people interested in other medium to large species (even fire belly toads). Mind you there are sections on that forum that wouldn't stop people talking about anything really.

It looks nice John. I do not consider myself a serious frog person but I do take care of my wife's pyxie frog and it has really grown on me. I'll plan on visiting the site from time to time.
Chip

Hi Foster, got any photos of the little monster?

Hi Foster, got any photos of the little monster?

Not yet. We actually have a digital camera now and I have experimented with a few Paramesotriton shots but otherwise I just have not had the time to teach myself how to use the camera and post pics online. After seeing all of the calander contest entries I think that I would suffer from "digital picture envy" :) Maybe this winter.
Chip

Not even aimed to mossy frogs?

Not a tree frog, not a dartfrog or mantella = fine with me.

I am registered Lead on ole mighty one. My wife is very happy that you started this new site
Thanks
Radtad

I am registered Lead on ole mighty one. My wife is very happy that you started this new site
Hehe, is she into frogs? Does she have any?

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back