Urgent help needed with green frogs!

amkid247

Reaction score
Country
United States
Display Name
Spotted Salamander
i have two northern green frogs, a few days ago one got sick, doesnt move, stays in water, eyes shut, skin falling off, and now the second is also sick! im guessing its a fungus, but the weird thing is the guppies in the tank also have the fungus and are sick! does anyone know what to do? what kind of illness affects both frogs and fish? any help please! :(

What's your water quality? Do you have any land area for the frogs?

Hmmm...
Well the basics would be to get them out of that tank as soon as possible. Get them in clean water and a completely clean and sterile environment. Are these animals wild caught? Are they long term captives? Has there been any change recently; diet, large temperature fluctuations, etc? As Kaysie said, how often do you change the water and where does it come from? (The water that is) I can't think of any pathogen off the top of my head. That being said, I do vaguely remember symptoms kind of like this in a few of my frogs (this was like 8 years ago). I can't be sure what caused it, but at the time I believed it may have been water quality. Begin by looking at illnesses of fish, since they are better documented. I hate to be the bearer of bad news but at this point in the infection it may be too late. As is often the case with these conditions, once these serious symptoms appear the infection has already quite progressed. It still could be possible. If you are near a fish store go ask about the fishes condition, if they give you a medication consult here for dosing information. Sorry I couldn't be of more assistance.

Best of Luck,
Alex

Last edited:
Hoi,
Try so quik as possible esha 2000,use so much drops as written for fish,its working in a few houers.
Hope you are on time!(and it looks like a fungus coursed by the fish)
Petro

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back