Question: Food - How many - How often?

Nessi88

Reaction score
Country
Germany
Hi,
how often do you feed small tirturus marmoratus juvelines, and how many do they get?
Whats the best food for them?
And when do they start feed after morph?

I have had mines for a couple of weeks only, so my experience is not that much, but...

Mine are keept in a terrestrial set-up wich as got a strong woodlice colony, so I suspect they do some predation on the young woodlice. I also give them gut-loaded instar 2 brown crickets (about a dozain for 5 juvies) once a week, and 2/3 days later I feed them bloodworms on damp kitchen paper...

Also every small slug and earthworm I find in my garden tend to end up in their set-up... :cool:

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back