Help !! Urgent!!

K

kumba830

hello im really stressed right now... i looked in my salamanders cage.... he wasnt there .... i looked in all the hiding places and even looked at the underside of the tank. there is some hope though....

the rook i kept them in got extremey warm today... so could it possibly have burrowed in to the cool moist dirt? please need respond (iv already looked trough the dirt a bit... but not in all places

OK search the rest of the dirt and if he is not there then depending on how long ago he escaped search your house/flat.Then if you still can not find him place tin foil with water in it all over your home.Unless you have a cat or dog then lock them in a big room with a bed,food and cat flap until you find your salamander if its a cat.If its a dog then give its a dog ask a reliable fiend until you find your salamander.

sorry for rambling

Chris:wacko:

I believe you keep redbacks, right? Small salamanders are notorious for escaping through even the tiniest cracks. Did your tank have a proper lid? They may very well have climbed up the glass and found a way out. Keep searching, you may find them, however, the chances are slim if they have escaped.

I hope you find them, Good Luck!

yess he escaped...he must have been on the lid when i took it off hes been gone for 1 whole day now... thanks for the advice

No not yet .. and superfin i took your water dish idea and am trying it out. I'll post when there's an update

The two times I lost a frog in the house they were found at night loping across the livingroom - lol no idea WHY in the livingroom. I never did try a water dish or moist area for them.

Henny hoo, my tip is to keep an eye out at NIGHT.

Good luck!
Sharon

yea i plan on staying up late tonite searching... (kinda sad because i have school tomorrow) and ill be really tired) lol

I'll let you know how the search goes

My guess is he would be trying to get shelter under a sofa or bed.The water dishes will keep it alive and if you use foil you can hear the crackling of the foil.When I said shelter I ment every thing;) I had a newt called spike and he escaped and i found it later under a book(unfortunately i got to him to late:().Good luck with the hunt:eek:

chris:wacko:

Yep no luck.. It's been 3 days ... Please pray that I find the salamander

oh .. are there toxins in red backs?

I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but I have never had success using 'water dishes' to lure an escapee. After 3 days, its probably a goner.

kaysies right it has probably passed away:( but there is still a tiny chance it might still be alive for one more day, maybe, slim chance though.Sorry:dizzy::nono:

chris:wacko:

p.s all salamanders have poison sorry that is all I know:(

SIGH... Well this stinks... Then hopefully my cat didn't get to it!

I doubt eating a redback would kill your cat.

sorry I should have added that:eek:.....

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back