Illness/Sickness: Bacterial Thread in larvae!!!!

Lieba

Reaction score
Country
Portugal
HI! I'm new here and I really need help!
I have my Cynops Orientalis not even for a year and this is the first posture I have.
I don't know a lot of taking care of larvae but I am doing my best.
I have about 20 eggs and 11 larvae.
THe prolem is:
Two of them had born and died in the following day. I believe there is a bacterial cause because they were something between green and grey and then they became moldy and the bodies completely disintegrate.
I want to know how to prevent more deaths!
Please help me!

I've never raised those but I can tell you that when a newt or larva dies, it gets covered with fuzz almost immediately. That's normal.

They came fuzzy before dying, them they desisntegrate.
I have read that this is usualy caused by bacteria, but, as i said, I'm new with this.....

You probably need to change water more frequently. I used to change water every day. And it was almost a complete water change. Is your water cool enough? Try to separate the eggs and larvae in multiple containers. There is a saying that "Dont put all your eggs in one basket."

Try to use new equipment that has not been contaminated, if you think this has a bacterial cause.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back